Re: severely bad timekeeping

> The clock "base frequency" is based on the "timebase-frequency" in OF.

> I saw this same kind of time drift with the 7600+G3-upgrade
> combination, and fixed it by adding the following to open firmware:

>       setenv boot " /PowerPC,604" select-dev A7D8c0 encode-int "
> timebase-frequency" property boot

Heh.

On looking at my machine, I find, in printenv output,

boot-command        " /PowerPC,60?" select-dev B1BD50 encode-int "
timebase-frequency" property 5000 ms catch 500 ms boot boot

which it occurs to me actually might not be getting used, depending on
exactly what circumstances OF uses that setting under.  I'll see if I
can't figure out what's going on from there.

Many thanks for the pointer.

\ / Ribbon Campaign