Re: Native Xorg on macppc

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:14:12PM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> The ati driver works just fine, except when I quit X, it seems to hang
> the kernel; it blanks the screen but then nothing happens.
> It doesn't even respond to pressing the powerbutton (which should invoke
> the shutdown procedure in recent kernels), and if the command I entered
> from X was a shutdown, it does not continue to shut down the system, so
> it's not just a bad screen reset.

Turns out the iBookHacks boolean option got renamed(?) to a "MacModel"
option which accepts "ibook" as a value.  After adding a line

  Option "MacModel" "ibook"

to my "Device" section, everything works just like before.
There's only one problem left; when I exit X, the keyboard does not
respond any more. The power button still has effect, so I can safely
turn off my machine, but I cannot continue working in console mode.

I'm using the "kbd" driver with "wskbd" protocol.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx