Re: Issues installing on a PowerMac Quicksilver DP800

Hello Michael,
        thanks for the super fast reply!

On 26-May-08, at 7:24 PM, Michael Lorenz wrote:
Hmmm...

- - which filesystem are you using? ffsv1, ffsv2, lfs?
ffsv2

- - does disk IO trigger the deadlock? If so, please boot that 3.1 install again, let it do some work and see if it deadlocks

- - did you try a different IDE cable? I had two bad ones in a beige G3 and they caused heaps of weird problems while the machine was apparently fine in MacOS.
Good insights, I'll try these and report back.

- - did you try any onboard IDE channel? Kauai and wdc at obio work fine on all the Macs I have here.
Same behavior on the onboard ata channel.

- - since you mention an ATA /card/ - what chipset is it?
Acard 6280 (!M: the pc version).

Matth.