Fwd: Issues installing on a PowerMac Quicksilver DP800

Hi,
I've also remembered something, trying to newfs a drive in that machine when booted in target mode would result in newfs seg faulting.

Begin forwarded message:
- - does disk IO trigger the deadlock? If so, please boot that 3.1 install again, let it do some work and see if it deadlocks
It does!

- - did you try a different IDE cable? I had two bad ones in a beige G3 and they caused heaps of weird problems while the machine was apparently fine in MacOS.
I've tried three other cables with the same results.

- - since you mention an ATA /card/ - what chipset is it?
Acard 6280 (!M: the pc version).
Actually I don't think I can boot from it... I had a memory of having flashed it.

Matth.