Re: cross compiling include files

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:02:29PM -0700, Joel Parker wrote:
> I created a cross-compiler using build.sh -m macppc. The command completes
> correctly and creates a tool chain. I wrote a hello world application that
> consists of one printf, I try to compile it with the tool chain and get the
> following :
>
> /home/user/dev/STP#
> /usr/src/tooldir.Linux-2.6.22-14-generic-unknown/bin/powerpc--netbsd-gcc -s
> test.c -o test
> test.c:1:19: stdio.h: No such file or directory
>
> My question is what do I use as my include directory to cross compile this
> correctly ?

I will tell you how I cross-build my programs for NetBSD.  First,
I build the tools as you have done.  Then I write a Makefiles that
.include whichever make include files I need.  Usually <bsd.own.mk>
and <bsd.prog.mk> will suffice.  See /usr/share/mk/bsd.README.
Finally, I use the make wrapper that 'build.sh tools' made for me,
$TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-macppc, to build my program.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24