Port-mac68k archive

Re: Booter for 9.3 kernel not working

> On Jan 26, 2024, at 9:09 AM, Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost> wrote:
>
> But this is a source tree targeting a proprietary platform with different
> (I would say: advanced) features that are generally not supported
> elsewhere. And the archive format preserves those features, in particular
> the resource fork and the CR line endings.

We're talking about an archive format, here.  What's the point of archiving something for posterity if no one can read it? :-). In any case, contemporary macOS has no problem handling those "advanced" features even with garden-variety ZIP archives, so it's not like we're talking about super exotic stuff, here.

> That being said,
>
> <ftp://ftp.causeuse.org/pub/NetBSD/macbsd_booter/booter-2.0.0a10-src-ascii.tar.g
> z>
>
> should provide the text files with LF line endings. Any files with resource
> forks are macbinaried.

Thanks.  The whole point of this exercise, of course, is to be able to whip this into some form that can be cross-built on a non-classical-MacOS system, so this is a great step.  Much appreciated.

-- thorpej