Port-mac68k archive

Re: Booter for 9.3 kernel not working

At 8:08 Uhr -0800 26.01.2024, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>The app has many 1 star reviews specifically mentioning inability to open
>old StuffIt archives.  Good thing it?Äôs free, I guess.

Interesting, since the FAQ I linked marks the old "Traditional Mac OS"
formats as supported.

>Can someone who can actually expand the archive(s) please do so and
>re-package it/them into something that?Äôs not proprietary bulls**t?  Your
>efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Well... I understand your frustration.

But this is a source tree targeting a proprietary platform with different
(I would say: advanced) features that are generally not supported
elsewhere. And the archive format preserves those features, in particular
the resource fork and the CR line endings.

That being said,

<ftp://ftp.causeuse.org/pub/NetBSD/macbsd_booter/booter-2.0.0a10-src-ascii.tar.g
z>

should provide the text files with LF line endings. Any files with resource
forks are macbinaried.

Cheerio,
Hauke