Port-mac68k archive

Re: Running makemandb on every boot

    Date:        Mon, 19 May 2014 11:29:54 -0400
    From:        Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>

  | So rather than make running this on boot configurable, it seems better
  | to perhaps schedule it with some sort of "run this once" faciltiy,

In the interests of contributing more than noise, I offer the following
script that fell off the back of a truck somewhere (it is public domain,
unlicenced, unlicenceable as its author will never claim it - I guarantee
that...)

Feel free to do what you like with it, its objective is to run commands
(from cron usually) so they can be specified to both run @boot, and at some
fixed time of day/week/.. whatever is needed.   Cron (or similar) takes care
of making sure it gets run (when properly configure) this script arranges to
make sure that the command is run no more than once a day/week/month/year (or
fortnight, though that option is little tested, somewhat weird by design, and
may be buggy).

If this is deemed useful enough to consider, you never know, but that a man
page might fall off another truck sometime...

kre