Port-mac68k archive

Re: Using pkgsrc with low RAM

Hi,

If anyone's keeping score, the 128MB SIMM arrived and it is working. The only problem: it's too tall to clear the heatsink on the 68040 by a few mm. I ran it without the heatsink for a few minutes just to test and it wasn't getting particularly hot, but I expect I'll need to rig up a smaller heatsink from my box of bits. Especially before I ask it to chew on pkgsrc again. But, so far so good!

I have an almost identical SIMM. I just trimmed the first two rows of the fingers on the heat sink:

http://www.ziaspace.com/~john/boobookitty/Pages/11.html

John