Port-mac68k archive

Using pkgsrc with low RAM

Hi,

I'm trying to build lighttpd from pkgsrc on my Mac LC 475 which has 32MB RAM
and 50MB swap.  I get as far as building pcre, where the build stops.  From
this log message:

UVM: pid 29033 (cc1), uid 0 killed: out of swap

I gather that I'm running out of available memory.  I read somewhere that
putting CFLAGS+=-O0 in /etc/mk.conf would help, but it didn't have any effect
(and I don't understand what it would do).

I realise that this probably isn't a mac68k specific problem, but I reasoned
that many people on this list will have systems with small amounts of RAM and
might be willing to offer advice.

Regards,
James.