Port-mac68k archive

Re: Netbooting mac68k

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 10:44:39PM +0100, Karsten Kruse wrote:
> I understand mac68k can not netboot in the traditional way, simply
> because the firmware isn't clever enough. So, i have to boot a System
> 7, tell it to boot my kernel which then configures the network
> interface and mounts the root filesystem via NFS. Right?

IIRC the bootloader can load the kernel via http (but its been some time
since I fought with it). So you'd only need a OS 7 or 8 with the bootloader
on floopy, a dhcp server and the kernel on a local web server somewhere.

The kernel can do dhcp/NFS itself if configured for "root on le0 type nfs".

Martin