Port-mac68k archive

Re: IDE problems on Quadra 630 type machines, revisited

Le mardi 22 mars 2011 à 00:07 +0000, John Klos a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I think I reported issues with IDE drives on a Quadra 630 a while back.
> I can access an IDE drive without problems when booted off of a SCSI
> drive, but when I try to boot directly off of the IDE drive, it panics
> after a little bit of disk access (anywhere from two to ten seconds).
> Here's a recent panic:
>
> http://www.klos.com/~john/mac68k_panic.jpg
>
> I retried with netbsd-5 from today and I get the same behavior. I also
> tried to see if there was any difference by adding a comm slot ethernet,
> but no difference.

Hello,

I talked  on my blog about my atempts (and success) to install NetBSD on
my 630:

http://blog.mentrek.org/2011/10/netbsd-on-macintosh-68k-computer.html

to summarize, here is the solution I came to:

makeoptions COPTS="-Os" # Optimise for space. Implies -O2

seems to be the missing line in the config file.
Below, the whole config file. I excluded SCSI drivers, as I don't use
SCSCI, but I think you can safely add some more drivers.

I'm curious to see if it helps

philippe

# $NetBSD: GENERIC,v 1.191 2008/08/10 15:31:21 tls Exp $
#
# GENERIC machine description file
#
# This machine description file is used to generate the default NetBSD
# kernel.  The generic kernel does not include all options, subsystems
# and device drivers, but should be useful for most applications.
#
# The machine description file can be customised for your specific
# machine to reduce the kernel size and improve its performance.
#
# For further information on compiling NetBSD kernels, see the config(8)
# man page.
#
# For further information on hardware support for this architecture, see
# the intro(4) man page.  For further information about kernel options
# for this architecture, see the options(4) man page.  For an
explanation
# of each device driver in this file see the section 4 man page for the
# device.

include         "arch/mac68k/conf/std.mac68k"

#options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE     # embed config file in kernel
binary

#ident          "GENERIC-$Revision: 1.191 $"
makeoptions   COPTS="-Os"             # Optimise for space. Implies -O2

maxusers        8              # estimated number of users

# CPU support.  At least one is REQUIRED.
options         M68040
#options        M68030
#options        M68020          # Note:  must have 68851 PMMU

# CPU-related options.
options         FPSP
#options        FPU_EMULATE

# Standard system options

#options        INSECURE        # disable kernel security levels

options         RTC_OFFSET=0    # hardware clock is this many mins. west
of GMT
#options        NTP             # NTP phase/frequency locked loop

#options        KTRACE          # system call tracing via ktrace(1)

#options         SYSVMSG         # System V-like message queues
#options         SYSVSEM         # System V-like semaphores
#options         SYSVSHM         # System V-like memory sharing
#options         P1003_1B_SEMAPHORE # p1003.1b semaphore support

#options        LKM             # loadable kernel modules

options        USERCONF        # userconf(4) support
#options        PIPE_SOCKETPAIR # smaller, but slower pipe(2)
#options        SYSCTL_INCLUDE_DESCR    # Include sysctl descriptions in
kernel

# Enable experimental buffer queue strategy for better responsiveness
under
# high disk I/O load. Use it with caution - it's not proven to be stable
yet.
#options        BUFQ_READPRIO
#options        BUFQ_PRIOCSCAN

# Diagnostic/debugging support options
#options        DIAGNOSTIC      # cheap kernel consistency checks
#options        DEBUG           # expensive debugging checks/support
#options        LOCKDEBUG       # kernel lock debugging
#options        KMEMSTATS       # kernel memory statistics (vmstat -m)
options        DDB                     # in-kernel debugger
#options        DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=100    # enable history editing in DDB
#options        KGDB                    # remote debugger
#options        KGDB_DEV=0xc01          # kgdb device number (dev_t)
#options        KGDB_DEVRATE=38400      # baud rate
#makeoptions    DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table

# Compatibility options
#options        COMPAT_NOMID    # compatibility with 386BSD, BSDI,
NetBSD 0.8,
#options        COMPAT_09       # NetBSD 0.9,
options        COMPAT_10       # NetBSD 1.0,
options        COMPAT_11       # NetBSD 1.1,
options        COMPAT_12       # NetBSD 1.2,
options        COMPAT_13       # NetBSD 1.3,
options        COMPAT_14       # NetBSD 1.4,
options        COMPAT_15       # NetBSD 1.5,
options        COMPAT_16       # NetBSD 1.6,
#options        COMPAT_20       # NetBSD 2.0,
#options        COMPAT_30       # NetBSD 3.0,
#options        COMPAT_40       # NetBSD 4.0 compatibility.
options        COMPAT_43       # and 4.3BSD
#options        TCP_COMPAT_42   # 4.2BSD TCP/IP bug compat. Not
recommended.

# The following is needed to run pre-NetBSD 1.6 binaries under ELF.
#options        COMPAT_AOUT_M68K # compatibility with NetBSD/m68k a.out
#options        EXEC_AOUT       # support for exec'ing a.out

#options        COMPAT_LINUX    # compatibility with Linux/m68k binaries
#options        COMPAT_M68K4K   # compatibility with NetBSD/m68k4k
binaries
#options        COMPAT_SUNOS    # compatibility with SunOS 4.x binaries
#options        COMPAT_SVR4     # compatibility with SVR4 binaries
options                COMPAT_BSDPTY   # /dev/[pt]ty?? ptys.

# File systems
file-system     FFS             # UFS
#file-system    EXT2FS          # second extended file system (linux)
#file-system     LFS             # log-structured file system
file-system     MFS             # memory file system
#file-system    NFS             # Network File System client
file-system     CD9660          # ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge file system
file-system    MSDOSFS         # MS-DOS file system
#file-system    FDESC           # /dev/fd
file-system     KERNFS          # /kern
#file-system     NULLFS          # loopback file system
#file-system     OVERLAY         # overlay file system
#file-system    PORTAL          # portal filesystem (still experimental)
file-system     PROCFS          # /proc
#file-system     UMAPFS          # NULLFS + uid and gid remapping
#file-system     UNION           # union file system
#file-system    CODA            # Venus/Coda distributed file system
file-system     PTYFS           # /dev/pts/N support
file-system     TMPFS           # Efficient memory file-system
#file-system    UDF             # experimental - OSTA UDF CD/DVD
file-system
#file-system    HFS             # experimental - Apple HFS+ (read-only)

# File system options
#options        QUOTA           # UFS quotas
#options         FFS_EI          # FFS Endian Independant support
#options         SOFTDEP         # FFS soft updates support.
options         WAPBL           # File system journaling support -
Experimental
#options        UFS_DIRHASH     # UFS Large Directory Hashing -
Experimental
#options        NFSSERVER       # Network File System server
options        FFS_NO_SNAPSHOT # No FFS snapshot support
#options        EXT2FS_SYSTEM_FLAGS # makes ext2fs file flags (append
and
                                # immutable) behave as system flags.

# Networking options
#options         GATEWAY         # packet forwarding
options         INET            # IP + ICMP + TCP + UDP
options         INET6           # IPV6
#options        IPSEC           # IP security
#options        IPSEC_ESP       # IP security (encryption part; define
w/IPSEC)
#options        IPSEC_NAT_T     # IPsec NAT traversal (NAT-T)
#options        IPSEC_DEBUG     # debug for IP security
#options        MROUTING        # IP multicast routing
#options        PIM             # Protocol Independent Multicast
#options        ISO,TPIP        # OSI
#options        EON             # OSI tunneling over IP
#options         NETATALK        # AppleTalk networking protocols
#options         PPP_BSDCOMP     # BSD-Compress compression support for
PPP
#options         PPP_DEFLATE     # Deflate compression support for PPP
#options         PPP_FILTER      # Active filter support for PPP
(requires bpf)
options         PFIL_HOOKS      # pfil(9) packet filter hooks
#options         IPFILTER_LOG    # ipmon(8) log support
#options         IPFILTER_LOOKUP # ippool(8) support
#options        IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  # block all packets by default
#options        TCP_DEBUG       # Record last TCP_NDEBUG packets with

#options        ALTQ            # Manipulate network interfaces' output
queues
#options        ALTQ_BLUE       # Stochastic Fair Blue
#options        ALTQ_CBQ        # Class-Based Queueing
#options        ALTQ_CDNR       # Diffserv Traffic Conditioner
#options        ALTQ_FIFOQ      # First-In First-Out Queue
#options        ALTQ_FLOWVALVE  # RED/flow-valve (red-penalty-box)
#options        ALTQ_HFSC       # Hierarchical Fair Service Curve
#options        ALTQ_LOCALQ     # Local queueing discipline
#options        ALTQ_PRIQ       # Priority Queueing
#options        ALTQ_RED        # Random Early Detection
#options        ALTQ_RIO        # RED with IN/OUT
#options        ALTQ_WFQ        # Weighted Fair Queueing

# These options enable verbose messages for several subsystems.
# Warning, these may compile large string tables into the kernel!
#options        SCSIVERBOSE     # human readable SCSI error messages

# wscons options
#options        WSEMUL_SUN              # sun terminal emulation
options         WSEMUL_VT100            # VT100 / VT220 emulation
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_ITEFONT # use ite font (6x10)

# rcons options; note that 1-bit and 8-bit displays are supported by
default.
options         RCONS_2BPP              # Support for 2-bit display
options         RCONS_4BPP              # Support for 4-bit display
options         RCONS_16BPP             # Support for 16-bit display

# Mac-specific options
#options        ALTXBUTTONS     # Map Opt-{1,2,3} to mouse buttons
#options        DISABLE_EXT_CACHE # If really paranoid, disable IIci
ext. cache
options         GRF_COMPAT      # Include grf compatibility code
#options        MRG_ADB         # Use ROM-based ADB driver
options         ZS_CONSOLE_ABORT

#options        NFS_BOOT_DHCP

# Kernel root file system and dump configuration.
config          netbsd  root on ? type ?

#
# Device configuration
#

mainbus0 at root

# Basic Bus Support

# On-board I/O bus support
obio0 at mainbus?

# NuBus support
#nubus0 at mainbus?

# Console Devices

# Apple Desktop Bus interface
adb0    at obio?
aed*    at adb?                         # ADB event device
akbd*   at adb?                         # ADB keyboard
ams*    at adb?                         # ADB mouse

# Basic frame buffer support
intvid0 at obio?                        # Internal video hardware
#macvid*        at nubus?                       # NuBus video card

# Device-independent frame buffer interface
macfb*  at intvid?
#macfb* at macvid?

# Workstation Console devices
wsdisplay* at macfb? console ?
wskbd*  at akbd? console ?
wsmouse* at ams?

# Centronics printer port

# CSI Hurdler Centronics Parallel Interface
#cpi*   at nubus?

# Serial Devices

# On-board serial interface
#zsc0    at obio?
#zstty*  at zsc? channel ?

# SCSI Controllers and Devices

# SCSI controllers
# XXX - use only one of ncrscsi or sbc
#ncrscsi0 at obio? addr 0               # SCSI NCR 5380
#sbc0   at obio? addr 0 flags 0x1       # MI SCSI NCR 5380
#esp0   at obio? addr 0                 # SCSI NCR 53C9x
#esp1   at obio? addr 1                 # SCSI NCR 53C9x

# SCSI bus support
#scsibus* at scsi?

# SCSI devices
#sd*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI disk drives
#st*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI tape drives
#cd*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI CD-ROM drives
#ch*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI autochangers
#se*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI ethernet
#ss*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI scanners
#uk*    at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # SCSI unknown

# IDE controller and devices
wdc*    at obio? flags 0x1000
atabus* at ata?
wd*     at atabus? drive ?

# Miscellaneous mass storage devices

# IWM floppy disk controller
#iwm0   at obio?                        # Sony driver (800K GCR)
#fd*    at iwm? drive ?

# Network Interfaces

# On-board Ethernet controllers
sn*     at obio?                        # SONIC-based (DP83932, DP83916)
#mc*    at obio?                        # MACE-based

# NuBus Ethernet controllers
#ae*    at nubus?                       # DP8390-based

#sn*    at nubus?                       # SONIC-based (DP83932, DP83916)
#sm*    at nubus?                       # SMC 91cxx-based
#netdock*       at nubus?               # Asante NetDock, Newer Ether
MicroDock

#nsphy* at mii? phy ?
#ukphy* at mii? phy ?

# Audio Devices

# On-board audio hardware
#asc0   at obio?                        # ASC/EASC audio

# Pseudo-Devices

# disk/mass storage pseudo-devices
#pseudo-device  ccd             4       # concatenated/striped disk
devices
#pseudo-device  cgd             4       # cryptographic disk devices
#pseudo-device  raid            8       # RAIDframe disk driver
#options        RAID_AUTOCONFIG         # auto-configuration of RAID
components
# Options to enable various other RAIDframe RAID types.
# options       RF_INCLUDE_EVENODD=1
# options       RF_INCLUDE_RAID5_RS=1
# options       RF_INCLUDE_PARITYLOGGING=1
# options       RF_INCLUDE_CHAINDECLUSTER=1
# options       RF_INCLUDE_INTERDECLUSTER=1
# options       RF_INCLUDE_PARITY_DECLUSTERING=1
# options       RF_INCLUDE_PARITY_DECLUSTERING_DS=1
#pseudo-device   fss             4       # file system snapshot device
#pseudo-device   md              1       # memory disk device (ramdisk)
#pseudo-device  vcoda           1       # Venus/Coda distributed file
system
#pseudo-device   vnd                     # disk-like interface to files
#options        VND_COMPRESSION         # compressed vnd(4)

# network pseudo-devices
#pseudo-device   bpfilter                # Berkeley packet filter
#pseudo-device  carp                    # Common Address Redundancy
Protocol
#pseudo-device   ipfilter                # IP filter (firewall) and NAT
pseudo-device   loop                    # network loopback
#pseudo-device   ppp                     # Point-to-Point Protocol
#pseudo-device   pppoe                   # PPP over Ethernet (RFC 2516)
#pseudo-device   sl                      # Serial Line IP
#pseudo-device  strip                   # Starmode Radio IP (Metricom)
#pseudo-device   tun                     # network tunneling over tty
#pseudo-device   tap                     # virtual Ethernet
#pseudo-device  gre                     # generic L3 over IP tunnel
#pseudo-device   gif                     # IPv[46] over IPv[46] tunnel
(RFC1933)
#pseudo-device  faith                   # IPv[46] tcp relay translation
i/f
#pseudo-device   stf                     # 6to4 IPv6 over IPv4
encapsulation
#pseudo-device  vlan                    # IEEE 802.1q encapsulation
#pseudo-device   bridge                  # simple inter-network bridging
#options        BRIDGE_IPF              # bridge uses IP/IPv6 pfil hooks
too
#pseudo-device  agr                     # IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation

#
# accept filters
#pseudo-device   accf_data               # "dataready" accept filter
#pseudo-device   accf_http               # "httpready" accept filter

# miscellaneous pseudo-devices
#pseudo-device   grf             2       # grf emulation for wscons
#pseudo-device   ite             1       # ite emulation for wscons
pseudo-device   pty                     # pseudo-terminals
#pseudo-device   clockctl                # user control of clock
subsystem

# random number generator pseudo-device
pseudo-device   rnd                     # /dev/random and in-kernel
generator
#options        RND_COM                 # use "com" randomness as well
(BROKEN)
#pseudo-device   ksyms                   # /dev/ksyms
pseudo-device  pf                      # PF packet filter
#pseudo-device  pflog                   # PF log if

# Veriexec
#
# a pseudo device needed for veriexec
#pseudo-device  veriexec                1
#
# Uncomment the fingerprint methods below that are desired. Note that
# removing fingerprint methods will have almost no impact on the kernel
# code size.
#
#options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_RMD160
#options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_SHA256