Port-mac68k archive

Re: Quadra 700

John Klos wrote:
I've been using lots of Acard SCSI-IDE adapters and SCSI-SATA adapters in all of my older SCSI machines. There are no size limits until you get to 2 terabytes (32 bits worth of, or four billion, 512 byte blocks). I have several m68k Macs with 250 gig hard drives and at least one with a 500 gig.

John, if you can share where you get these from at a reasonable price, I'm sure everyone on the list will send you b-day cards. :) Whenever I look for them, the cost seems to be way more than the value of the Mac I want to stick it in!

A partition with a hundred megs of space is more than enough for System 7 and a bootloader plus a couple of emergency netbsd-INSTALL kernels.

I've had Mac OS partitions as small as 10-15 MB. A minimal 7.1 install and Booter will fit. OTOH, if you use 7.5 or higher, you better have 50-70 MB.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org