Port-m68k archive

Re: Anyone using current on m68k? (Was: port-atari/39965: "lock error" panic)

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, David Brownlee wrote:

        That could be a very useful datapoint - thanks.
        Would you be able to share any collected wisdom on converting
        amiga across to pmap_motorola which could help for atari doing
        the same?

  I'm not sure how much I can remember about the process, but all the changes
should be in the CVS history.

  Looks like my first step was to change the amiga pmap.c and amiga_init.c
to change the kernel address space layout to match the common m68k ports
(and be compatible with pmap_motorola.c).  Then there were some changes
to get amiga/pmap.c in synch with pmap_motorola.c, including making the
amiga pmap_bootstrap() compatible with pmap_motorola.c.  I then changed
the amiga/include/{pcb.h,pmap.h,pte.h} files to just include the common
m68k/include files (with appropriate adjustments to the amiga pmap.c and
amiga_init.c.  Then I moved the pmap_bootstrap() routine out of pmap.c
into it's own pmap_bootstrap.c file.  At that point, the amiga could be
built with either the amiga pmap.c or the pmap_motorola.c (by changing
amiga/conf/files.amiga) and verify that both were working.  The amiga
currently still uses the amiga pmap by default, but all it takes is a
simple edit of files.amiga to switch.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Operations Consulting, Information Technology Center