Port-i386 archive

Re: Broken 6.0.1 RAIDframe

 >> It won't allow me to add wd1a as a spare Manuel:
 >>
 >> # raidctl -a /dev/wd1a raid0
 >> raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_ADD_HOT_SPARE) failed: Device busy
 >
 >that may be because the kernel autoconfigured it as another raid device
 >(2 disks with autoconfigure=YES and non-matching or out of sync raid
 >informations may be configured as different raid devices)
 >
 >what raid devices do you have configured ?
 >sysctl hw.disknames
 >should give you the list

# sysctl hw.disknames
hw.disknames = fd0 wd0 cd0 wd1 raid0 raid7
#

That's interesting, there are two RAID arrays. The machine has been shutdown since my last email, and now raidctl says wd0a is a component of raid7 and wd1a is a component of raid0.

# raidctl -s raid0
Components:
           /dev/wd1a: optimal
          component1: failed
No spares.
Component label for /dev/wd1a:
   Row: 0, Column: 0, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 2
   Version: 2, Serial Number: 2013001, Mod Counter: 166
   Clean: No, Status: 0
   sectPerSU: 128, SUsPerPU: 1, SUsPerRU: 1
   Queue size: 100, blocksize: 512, numBlocks: 39100160
   RAID Level: 1
   Autoconfig: Yes
   Root partition: Yes
   Last configured as: raid0
component1 status is: failed.  Skipping label.
Parity status: clean
Reconstruction is 100% complete.
Parity Re-write is 100% complete.
Copyback is 100% complete.
#
# raidctl -s raid7
Components:
          component0: failed
           /dev/wd0a: optimal
No spares.
component0 status is: failed.  Skipping label.
Component label for /dev/wd0a:
   Row: 0, Column: 1, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 2
   Version: 2, Serial Number: 2013001, Mod Counter: 84
   Clean: No, Status: 0
   sectPerSU: 128, SUsPerPU: 1, SUsPerRU: 1
   Queue size: 100, blocksize: 512, numBlocks: 39100160
   RAID Level: 1
   Autoconfig: Yes
   Root partition: No
   Last configured as: raid7
Parity status: clean
Reconstruction is 100% complete.
Parity Re-write is 100% complete.
Copyback is 100% complete.
#

raid0 has the highest Mod Counter value. Does that mean it's the "correct" one and I should unconfigure raid7, add wd0a as a hot spare to raid0 and start a reconstruction of raid0?

Ray