Port-i386 archive

Re: 80386 support

Hello Alistair,

  AGC> We very rarely used to sit in machine rooms beside
     > VAXen or PDP11s, so I'm trying to get a handle on the
     > attachment to hardware

    I used to sit in a machine room regularly because that's
where they put my AlphaStation 255 and the AlphaServer 2100.
Some practical advice to anyone who finds his or herself in a
similar position:-

   1) Wear a jacket, it's cold in there.
   2) Use headphones, it's loud in there.
   3) A bank of VAXen 6000 can be handy to hide behind.
   4) Wear a sweater under the jacket, did I mention it's
      cold?

;-)

-Andy Ball
.