Port-i386 archive

Re: 80386 support

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost>
wrote:

> Possibly (though I think 2.11 was for 16-bit machines).  I need to
> investigate such things more; if I find one that strikes me as better,
> I will switch.  I'm still here for four reasons:
> [...]
> None of these will keep me here forever, of course, neither
> individually nor collectively.  If NetBSD persists in walking the path
> it's been turning down, sooner or later I'm going to have to leave.

Do you realize that, in all the reasons you gave above, you criticized
NetBSD and keep repeating that you are "almost about to leave"?  It
has already "walked the path down" way way further than you can cope
with.

> I'm already effectively maintaining my own fork, in the form of
> significant private patch trees; I may simply call it a fork.

The fact is that you do not accept many of the decisions / changes
that have happened in NetBSD for the past years, and as you just said,
you pretty much have your own fork.  There is no way you are going to
switch to a modern version of NetBSD.

My point is: Sincerely, why do you keep complaining about how bad and
evil NetBSD has become?  Why do you think these repetitive negative
complaints will help anything?  If at all, the only thing they do is
alienate or burn down people that otherwise could be doing useful
contributions.

[ I'd be replying to you privately, but I know from repeated
experience that your email server will reject my message.  Posting it
to the list, unfortunately, gives this a little chance that you see
it. ]

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv