Port-i386 archive

Re: Time to prune some drivers? ISA SCSI, tape, etc.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:14:54PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> I know one of the machines I've worked with recently has a BusLogic
> SCSI card in it, though I can't recall whether my own or at work.  I
> *think* it's a PCI BusLogic, but would have to track the machine down
> and check to be sure.  Would it be of value for me to?

Yes, particularly if it is one of the models which can be configured via
its BIOS to not also show up at the traditional ISA BusLogic/Adaptec
register addresses (I've never understood how that works with a
subtractive-decode PCI-ISA bridge also in the system, either....).

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost