Port-i386 archive

Re: Can't install on Dell Dimension 3100

Ray Phillips wrote:
At which point the keyboard didn't respond.

You said this was a USB keyboard? Maybe you should disable pckbd then.

Thanks Michael, but that didn't make any difference.

I no longer have access to the machine so it will have to remain a mystery.

I had similar problems with Dell Dimension series. No idea why. Just an example of it:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.general/22337

Same issues with very current FreeBSD kernels. I am wondering if our USB stack has something to do with it, or maybe autoconf.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost