Port-i386 archive

Re: Panic with VirtualBox 2.1

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Dan McMahill wrote:

Yes, I have seen that. In fact I have never been able to get NetBSD to install under virtualbox. Fedora 8 seems to run with no problems under the same virtualbox install.

Seen that too. NetBSD installation under VBox has never been possible due to I/O errors during sets installation. I ran it (again, 4.0 and 4.0.1) from an already-installed vmdk disk. Results were pretty bad, very slow hard drive access and some random I/O errors. When possible, I prefer using KVM, which is able to run every NetBSD version like a charm except 4.99+.

regards

Emile "iMil" Heitor <imil%home.imil.net@localhost>
    _
                   http://gcu-squad.org            ASCII ribbon campaign ( )