Port-i386 archive

Re: Panic with VirtualBox 2.1

Jörn Clausen wrote:
I find this discussion interesting. I have never seen panics with
VirtualBox, i.e. I can boot an install CD or image and it seems pretty
stable. But when I try to actually install NetBSD, there are errors
while unpacking the archives, but no panics. This happened to me with
different versions of VirtualBox (1.x and 2.x) for Windows and Mac OS,
and with several versions of NetBSD. And I think with flat and sparse
harddisk images.

Does anyone see *this* problem as well???

Yes, I have seen that. In fact I have never been able to get NetBSD to install under virtualbox. Fedora 8 seems to run with no problems under the same virtualbox install.

I tried various things to get NetBSD installed and none of them worked but that was a year ago.

-Dan