Port-i386 archive

Re: Panic with VirtualBox 2.1

Darren Reed wrote:
With a new release of VirtualBox that almost looks worthwhile, I decided
to try installing NetBSD. Unfortunately the -current i386.iso that I can
download seems to panic while booting...
[...]

You need to enable VT-X/AMD-V support. Otherwise, the dynamic code translation engine in Vbox seems to get terribly confused by the code patching that the NetBSD kernel does.

With that enabled, I was able to boot NetBSD/i386 and NetBSD/amd64, and install them.

- Frank