Re: jornada 690

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 20:05:29 -0500, Edgar Pettijohn III wrote:
> Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 20:05:29 -0500
> From: Edgar Pettijohn III <edgar%pettijohn-web.com@localhost>
> Subject: jornada 690
> To: port-hpcsh%netbsd.org@localhost
>
> I found a jornada 690 and am trying to install netbsd on it. I have managed
> to boot the install kernel, but I'm not sure how to install the sets. I've
> tried too many things to list. The wiki while useful in getting me as far as
> I have doesn't work. When booting the kernel it complains about not being
> able to boot wd0a, etc, etc.
>
> https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_install_netbsd_on_hpcsh/
>
> Any help appreciated.

http://www.stderr.spb.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/netbsd-hpc-euro2004.pdf
has a more detailed breakdown.  Nobody ever bothered to teach sysinst
how to install on Jornada.  I guess now it's easier to just steal
prebuilt image support from arm, so that you can just dd it to the CF
card and it would auto-resize.  But given that these machines are now
ancient there's not much motivation to spend time on that.

-uwe