Re: jornada 690

On 05/27/18 23:09, Edgar Pettijohn III wrote:

On 05/27/18 22:51, tr%vispaul.me@localhost wrote:
On 2018-05-28 09:05, Edgar Pettijohn III wrote:
I found a jornada 690 and am trying to install netbsd on it. I have
managed to boot the install kernel, but I'm not sure how to install
the sets. I've tried too many things to list. The wiki while useful in
getting me as far as I have doesn't work. When booting the kernel it
complains about not being able to boot wd0a, etc, etc.

Hi Edgar,

I'm not sure if this will work for the Jornada, but for Landisk, I copied the sets to a USB drive and then chose the USB drive as the source of my sets in the installer. That worked well for me. I'm not sure if you have a spare
USB port on the Jornada.

- Travis

If there is a usb port it is well hidden, but perhaps I'll look again. There is a serial port, maybe I can connect it to my laptop and use it somehow.  Too tired at this point for rational thought though.

Edgar

I'll be damned. There is what appears to be a usb port. This could be promising.

Thanks!