CF Data corruption on Jornada 680

Hello,

I've been seeing a strange problem with two different Jornada 680
handhelds. When copying files to a CF card in the PCMCIA slot, there is
data corruption. Basically I copy a file and then cmp the file with the
original and it doesn't match. Here's how the CF card is identified
(copied by hand):

wdc1: at pcmcia0 function 0: <TRANSCEND, TS4GCF  >
wdc1: i/o mapped mode
atabus1 at wdc1 channel 0:
wd1: at atabus1 drive 0: <TRANSCEND>
wd1: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
wd1: 4011 MB, 8150 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 8215200 sectors

The same CF card and PCMCIA adapter work fine in a Jornada 720. Ideas as
to what the problem might be or how to troubleshoot it?

There is a strange message earlier in dmesg and the other CF card is in
memory mapped mode:

pcmcia0 at hd64461pcmcia0
pcmcia0: CIS checksum failed
pcmcia1 at hd64461pcmcia0
wdc0 at pcmcia 1 function 0: <TRANSCEND, TS1GCF100I, >
wdc0: memory mapped mode

Thanks,

Jason M.