Re: Installing NetBSD 5.1.2 on a Jornada 680 - new hpcboot.exe needed?

Okay, it turns out that the issue was hpcboot settings. In case someone
runs into this here's the problem an the solution.

When launching hpcboot on a Jornada 680 with the install kernel and the
file system set to md, the Jornada would complain "Unable to allocate
memory". If I increased the program memory as high as it would go, the
hpcboot progress bar would get to the far right then the Jornada would
reboot and show the following error:

bootling cold
exception event code 60
TLB Miss/Invalid (store)

The solution is to set the file system to wd (even though there isn't yet
a ffs file system on the flash card.

There is one more issue. The ramdisk doesn't appear to have sysinst. I
just get dropped at a shell prompt. There are utilities on the ramdisk
including "install" and "upgrade" in the root of the file system. But when
run each utility complains "Can't open //install.md" There's nothing in
the mailing list archives with that string. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason M.