Port-hpcmips archive

Workpad Z50 unable to detect/use Microdrive ?

Picked up 2 - 6GB Hitachi Microdrives.  Figured out a work-around for
not having the atadsk.dll.  Copied the pdsboot.exe & netbsd.gz to the
My Documents folder under CE and inserted the microdrive and started
the NetBSD install.

However, the installer fails to see either of the microdrives.  when
inserted after boot install, I get:

card appears to have bogus CIS

Googled it but can't really find any useful hints......  Something
about bad PCI(which it doesn't have)

On another note, I installed Ted since it's a rich text format editor
like WordPad, and I can't get it to do anything other than show the
startup image.  I try to open a file or create a new file and it does
SOMETHING(the drive light blinks for a while) but then it still shows
the startup screen.........

Needless to say I am getting a bit underwhelmed about actually being
able to use NetBSD on this productively........

Thanx for all the help.