Port-dreamcast archive

Re: Super-H machine language issues

der Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> wrote:

>>>        FMOV    XDm,@(R0,Rn)            1111nnnnmmm10111
>>> The first is valid only when SZ is 0 and the latter when PR is 1,
>> Where does the manual say that the latter is valid only when PR is 1?
>
> Page 275.  The full entry, including headings and fragments I excised
> in my first message and with -> substituted for a right-arrow, is
>
>                          Summary of                      Execution
> PR  Format                Operation     Instruction Code  States    T Bit
> 1   6. FMOV XDm,@(R0,Rn)  XDm->(R0+Rn)  1111nnnnmmm10111  1         -
>
>> I checked sh4 ISA manual and update manuals from Renesas and I can't
>> see anything like that.

Doh, I must have been blind.  I guess my mind filtered out the numbers
on the left as "obvious" list numbering noise...

My guess is it's another copy-paste error.  As the manual says
earlier, SZ only affects FMOV, PR affects all other instructions, so
tables for all other instructions have PR column - easy to forget to
change the column name.

Note also section 6.6.2 Pair Single-Precision Data Transfer, that
talks about "FMOV DRm/XDm, ..." (i.e. about instructions from both
10.37 and 10.38) "when FPSCR.SZ=1".

-uwe