Re: Replacement disk for RaQ 2

On Aug 27, 2010, at 9:51 PM 8/27/10, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

So, any recommendations for drives that are known to work in a RaQ 2,
or any to avoid?

When I added LBA48 support to NetBSD/cobalt bootloader,
the following drive worked fine on Qube 2700 with a cheap
SATA-IDE bridge.
wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <Hitachi HDS721616PLA380>
wd0: 153 GB, 319120 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 321672960 sectors

Any recommendations on SATA cards that work? I don't think you can boot from a SATA card can you?

Though I have to admit that using an adapter in this situation probably wouldn't slow down the outside access to the drive data much.

--
Mike

"Y'know I bet those golden tickets make the chocolate taste terrible." - Charlie