Re: mips64 on port-cobalt

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Alex Pelts <alexp%broadcom.com@localhost>
wrote:
> I was curious how people who owns Qubes rebuild their packages. I kind
> of gave up on my qube after it started to take me few days to re-build
> handful of packages that I use.

Patience is necessary. But it's not really THAT bad. My hpcmips
machines are a lot slower. I have a Qube2 with screen running
different stuff constantly. Whenever I fire off some build of
something in pkgsrc, I always re-nice it:

nice +2 make package

This keeps it from dragging down the system too much. It probably adds
time to the builds but it doesn't seem to interfere too much with
other stuff at least.

And I always make packages because building twice isn't fun.

I try to track release-5 once in a while, sometimes I build it myself
on an i386 box, but usually I just get it from the NetBSD-daily area.

I've got a stash of packages for release-5, but they were built at
various points in that release. If you're on a reasonably current one
they would probably work though.

Andy