Re: mips64 on port-cobalt

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Actually, the N32/N64 ABIs are higher performing that the old O32 ABI.  Which
> is
> why I highly recommend using a N32 kernel.

Ok, I'll be the first (only?) one to ask some questions here:

How do I know if I'm using O32 or N32?

What is the difference between O32 and o32, and N32 and n32?
(I read this page:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=0650&db=man&fname=/usr/share/catman/p_man/cat5/abi.z&srch=ABI
and I don't see a distinction)

Is NetBSD for Cobalt (or any mips?) going to be moving in one
direction or the other on this?

I'm probably not smart enough to understand most of this but I'll try.
My level of understanding of hardware and code isn't what it needs to
be to really get into this I think.

Andy