Re: NetBSD 4.0 "opcode not supported on this processor:mips1"...

> Quite frankly though I would have preferred not to simply to keep the
> system from being cluttered by unnecessary stuff.
>
> The pkgsrc build of bind-9.6.1-P1 (bind96) on this system took about
> 12 hours and installed a ton of cpam stuff as well as perl5.

I'm not sure what actuall you want to do,
but anyway you can do either of

- abandon cobalt and use faster modern machines
- use 4.0.1 binaries which include bind 9.4.2-P2 in base
- upgrade to 5.0.1 which includes bind 9.5.0-P2 in base
- "./configure --disable-atomic" on scratch build as pkgsrc does

 "Why do you want to climb Mt. Foo?"
 "Because it's there" "But it's too steep"
 "Then you don't need to try it"

---
Izumi Tsutsui