Port-cobalt archive

Re: Compiling kernel for Qube2700WG?

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:21 PM 10/7/08, James Hartley wrote:

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Mike Hebel <nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost> wrote:
And since I just added a buttload of swap to them (1gig swapfile on each one) they run simple stuff like gangbusters. PHP is still a hog though...

Not to sidetrack discussion, but why 1GB of swap?  Does output from
top(1) indicate that much space is ever being used?

I threw that amount of swap at one of them in desperation one time and it stuck. I'm sure if I wanted to I could dink with it and figure out where the threshold is but this was a lot easier. And despite what top(1) says the machine performs noticeably faster.

It's horribly wasteful but it works and since I've got the space I'll use it.
Mike Hebel

MARS NEEDS CHOCOS! - Martian Manhunter