Port-bebox archive

Re: current status report at 20090204

Hi! David,

From: David Brownlee <abs%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:54:53 +0000 (GMT)

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
>
> >  + Xserver works on my bebox.
> >
> >     patchs:
> >       ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/xserver/
>
>       Excellent stuff - are there any plans to get this into the main
>       tree? Is it likely to break other ports?

I have't plan to merge by myself.
If you have bebox and test OK, then please commit.

It is to influence only bebox and prep, perhaps.  Both were tested by
me.  I am living to bebox and prep now.  Moreover, s3 864 is not tested
with other machines. However, no one might use an old card.

> >       * But our kernel(GENERIC) is more large.  We support to boot only
> >         floppy-disk.  You need to build for your customized tiny kernel
> >      after patch.
>
>       Could bebox use the ustarfs boot which can span multiple floppies
>       as used by i386/space/alpha etc?

hmmm...
BeBox's BootROM(firmware) reads only BeFS and Old-BeFS.  Also filename is
kernel or kernel_joe.  Our kernel makes from 'boot+netbsd' image.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara