Port-bebox archive

Re: SCSI driver

In <m390io2jnf.fsf%gallifrey.cosmic.com@localhost>,
mirian%xensei.com@localhost wrote:

 > I'm interested in helping out on the BeBox port of NetBSD. In

Great!

 > particular, I'm curious as to the current state of the SCSI 53C810
 > driver.  The BeBox I have only has a SCSI disk, so this driver is of
 > crucial importance to me.

I'm testing ncr.c of OpenBSD at NetBSD/bebox.
There are some problems. First, endian.
Second, the address of main memory which saw from PCI master.

PCI/ISA view         +------------+ 0x00000000
                     | PCI/ISA    |
                     |  memory(2G)|
                     +------------+ 0x80000000
              =====> | main       |

 > If the 53C810 driver isn't in a usable condition yet, is there a way
 > to cross-compile a NetBSD kernel from Linux?

Maybe.

I am using the following package with NetBSD/i386 for NetBSD/bebox.
ftp://www.cec.co.jp/usr/sakamoto/NetBSD/experiment/cross-netbsd.tgz
        NetBSD-current source tree + binutils-2.9.1

Kazuki Sakamoto
sakamoto%netbsd.org@localhost
sakamoto%cec.co.jp@localhost