To: "David Brownlee" <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
Cc: <dross%pobox.com@localhost>; <f.g.lukas%web.de@localhost>;
<port-atari%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: netbsd-5 install from unmounted gemdos filesystem

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:19 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
       I've built a test netbsd-5 atari distribution with a patch to
       allow installing sets from an unmounted gemdos filesystem (just
       enter 'gemdos' as the filesystem type).

       Is anyone able to test this - if I get a positive report soon
       enough we may be able to get this into netbsd-5! :)

       http://mono.org/abs/atari-gemdos/

I just tried with your FALCON kernel and sysinst.fs.gz (hmm, did I miss
something?), but after installer tries to execute
"/sbin/mount -rt gemdos /dev/wd0f /mnt2" it throws following error message:
mount: mount_gemdos not found for /mnt2

Another nice thing for installer would be check that if it can't find e.g.
netbsd-FALCON.gz kernel it could try netbsd-f.gz (gemdos 8 + 3). :)

-Tuomo