Re: gcc4 problem on netbsd-4

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> Tuomo wrote:
>
>> > Could you try this one?
>> > http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-ATARITT-4.0_STABLE-20081231.gz
>> > http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-FALCON-4.0_STABLE-20081231.gz
>>
>> Nice catch :) I tried FALCON kernel and now keyboard is probed without
>> delay and SCSI is probed properly (no freeze/delay).
>
> BTW, SCSI DMA on Falcon is disabled in this kernel,
> i.e. this one also contains the following change:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2008/11/15/msg212774.html
>
> Could you also try a kernel without this (i.e. if it works with SCSI DMA)?
> http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-FALCON-4.0_STABLE-with-DMA-20090102.gz
> http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-FALCON-4.0_STABLE-no-DMA-20090102.gz

with-DMA kernel works (but kernel starts to output "St-mem pool exhausted
messages" on boot; I guess kernel was compiled with ST_POOL_SIZE=22). On
my Falcon which runs NetBSD, current kernel also worked with 68030 and SCSI
DMA (Not much tested, but at least I was able to boot up system).

At least some early Falcon models can have some HW issues with DMA and with
upgrades some problems might be amplified, so it was decided disable SCSI DMA
at least for now.

With 68060 problems started to show. Here's some links to discussion on
port-atari:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2008/10/26/msg000046.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2008/11/14/msg000119.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2008/11/14/msg000120.html