Re: gcc4 problem on netbsd-4

Tuomo wrote:

> > Could you try this one?
> > http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-ATARITT-4.0_STABLE-20081231.gz
> > http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-FALCON-4.0_STABLE-20081231.gz
>
> Nice catch :) I tried FALCON kernel and now keyboard is probed without
> delay and SCSI is probed properly (no freeze/delay).

BTW, SCSI DMA on Falcon is disabled in this kernel,
i.e. this one also contains the following change:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2008/11/15/msg212774.html

Could you also try a kernel without this (i.e. if it works with SCSI DMA)?
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-FALCON-4.0_STABLE-with-DMA-20090102.gz
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-FALCON-4.0_STABLE-no-DMA-20090102.gz

> Also reading NetBSD 4 installation sets from IDE disk and copying files
> from IDE to SCSI work, so it seems that wdc_mb.c is not affected by gcc4.

Then maybe the problem is in softint(9) changes.
I'll a possible patch later (in a new thread again).
---
Izumi Tsutsui