Re: Current kernel with http://gnats.netbsd.org/39965 and pmap patches

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> > By the way, which interrupt (level and vector) is used
>> > for the IDE interface on Falcon?
>>
>> I don't know :/ Maybe we can find more information from some Atari documents.
>
> According to Linux sources, it uses the same interrupt
> with FDC/ASCI DMA (71), so I guess that's the reason why
> current wdc_mb.c uses dma hooks to handle it.
>
> On the other hand, it seems atari/intr.c:intr_establish()
> can handle multiple interrupt handlers in the same vector.
>
> How about this patch?
> (though I'm not sure if we should also handle the MFP->mf_iprb register)

I tried patch; I can mount partition from ATA drive without problems, but after
installer starts to extract installation sets kernel prints several error
messages (same error with lost interrupts when using wdc_mb.c without
ATAC_CAP_NOIRQ) and then reading seems to freeze.

As a side note: it seems that some of the latest patches (probably pmap sync)
cause FALCON kernel to freeze before kernel prints any messages with 68060
cpu. I used BOOTX to test things and it does not have this problem.

-Tuomo