Re: Current kernel with http://gnats.netbsd.org/39965 and pmap patches

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> I used NetBSD 3 based kernel that you posted on port-atari:
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2008/07/21/msg000038.html
>
> Oh, I didn't subscribe port-atari at that time and I didn't notice
> your follow up...
>
>> IDE worked with that kernel (at least I was able to install base.tgz, etc.tgz
>> and comp.tgz sets from IDE drive),
>
> There were many changes around software interrupt code so
> the sicallback function is no longer invoked so much, I guess.
>
>> but NetBSD 3 kernel without patches panicked
>> with IDE based errors.
>
> What panic on which version?

I can't remember exactly what was the panic (it happened when probing ATA
drives). I probably compiled NetBSD 3 kernel with wdc_mb.c revision 1.27
and that kernel booted without panic.

> There was some missed stuff on MI wdc API changes against wdc_mb.c
> and it was pulled up to netbsd-3 branch after 3.1 release.
> (see PR port-atari/37464)
>
>> I can try wdc_mb.c with ATAC_CAP_NOIRQ enabled and claim_hw/free_hw hooks
>> removed.
>
> If it works with NOIRQ flag and without hooks,
> I think it's okay to commit the changes.

Without hooks and NOIRQ flag kernel prints several intr_dispatch: stray level
71 interrupt errors and panics:
panic()
intr_dispatch()
intr_glue()