Re: armv7.img does boot on BeagleBone (White)

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 11:20:33PM +0400, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>  >>
>  >> No. Is it necessary? I just copied image to SD-Card as is.
>
> > The image is a generic image, and needs to have the correct u-boot
> > installed into it.  This is done with the installboot tool.  This
> > isn't necessary on Raspberry Pi because of how the Pi's firmware
> > works.  But it is necessary with just about every other kind of board.
>
> Great! Thanks!
>
> > We really need to have better documentation about this.
>
> Absolutely! :-) I believe README.txt document would be enough (for the
> beginning) on ftp servers in appropriate image directories.

We provide variations of the generic image with proper u-boot installed
on https://armbsd.org, but unfortunately the BeagleBone White is not
there currently (and I don't know if the BeagleBone Black version works
for your hardware).

Adding other SoCs to that builds is easy once a proper u-boot
(including installboot plist support) is in pkgsrc.

Martin