Re: Pinebook Pro and -current

Matt Widup <mmwidup%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>Sep 16, 2022 6:48:28 PM Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost>:
>> Matt Widup <mmwidup%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> First, what does it take to run Firefox without -current? I have been
>>> unable to get it to run at all on NetBSD 9.
>>
>> I just installed NetBSD 9.3 on a Pinebook Pro and added the firefox
>> package from the binary builds.
>>
>> I was able to get it to work by clicking on where the hamburger menu
>> should be in the top right of the window, this brought up the menu,
>> select Settings.
>>
>> In the "General" section of Settings, uncheck the "Use recommended
>> performance settings" checkbox, then also uncheck the "Use hardware
>> acceleration when available" checkbox.
>
> Are you able to run it more than once?

I think I tried it more than once but have installed -current on mine
now.

Have run firefox multiple times on -current, but I have built it from
source with some options changed as well as local pkgsrc patches.

My test with NetBSD-9 was using pre-built binaries.

> If I do a fresh NetBSD install, I can run Firefox just once. Any
> subsequent time causes the window to be drawn and then I get a segfault,
> after some long delay. I have deleted everything that I think it writes
> to "disk", and un-installed and reinstalled Firefox to no avail. What I
> think it writes to disk are /var/cache/mozilla and ~/.mozilla. But there
> must be something else, else I wouldn't have this problem.

I don't think it writes anything outside ~/.mozilla.

Your original post suggested you couldn't get either NetBSD-9 or
-current to work for different reasons.