Re: Building media player for RPI4 : which one to focus on?

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 03:11:10PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> So far I was using Raspbian. Using any player other than either omx or vlc
> (CPU usage is very less when these two run) the CPU used to get heated up
> for videos of 1080p played for over a few minutes, resulting in
> thermometer symbol appearing. I do not have a heatsink or a fan.

BTW, on NetBSD, for pkgsrc builds, if I use MAKE_JOBS=4 I run into over
heating, indicated by dmesg messages. But with MAKE_JOBS=3 and load
average around 3 for extended periods of time I haven't faced the heating
issue.

So I wonder why I used to face it so often on Raspbian when viewing
videos with non accelerated players that were using single CPU. Can high
rate of transfer to video memory cause heating?

--
Mayuresh