Re: NetBSD/aarch64 on 8 GB Raspberry Pi 4B?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020, John Klos wrote:

This is the same problem I reported, which is apparently due to the way that RPI_EFI.fd is written, I'm guessing.

If you'd like to try the copy from Paul (shared with permission) which has the preference of limiting to 3 gigs disabled, then you can get it here:

https://www.klos.com/~john/RPI_EFI.fd
MD5 (RPI_EFI.fd) = 416ecea306ace3778f7862f38061f7d7

If anyone wants to compare the one which works with the one that I have which causes the kernel to hang, the bad one is here:

https://www.klos.com/~john/RPI_EFI.fd_BAD
MD5 (RPI_EFI.fd_BAD) = d09b5745a6e8aae68fb7d1f83321802d

In the UEFI setup menu, make sure you select "serial" as your console device. There's a bug I need to track down related to booting on setups without an SPCR table, which apparently happens when you select "graphics" here.