Re: Slow network on evbarmv7h NetBSD 9

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 00:02:21 -0600
Rich Neswold <rich.neswold%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running NetBSD 9.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Mon Nov  4 14:49:31 UTC
> 2019 on a RaspberryPi 3 Model B. I'm getting around 1.5 MB/s.
>
> I created a 64MB file and used scp to transfer to another machine. I
> used
>
>     time scp -q -oCompression=no -ocipher=none junk remote:junk

This is not a good way to test network throughput. I'm not sure how scp
protocol works, even if you disable compression and encryption, it may
be doing other work like computing checksums, etc. Also it is reading
and writing data to disk, so depending on the speed of your disk there
will be overheads.

I would recommend you use specific tools like iperf, which generate
data on the fly.