Re: Slow network on evbarmv7h NetBSD 9

rich.neswold%gmail.com@localhost (Rich Neswold) writes:

>I'm running NetBSD 9.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Mon Nov  4 14:49:31 UTC 2019 on a
>RaspberryPi 3 Model B. I'm getting around 1.5 MB/s.

>I created a 64MB file and used scp to transfer to another machine. I used

>    time scp -q -oCompression=no -ocipher=none junk remote:junk

>to do the transfer.

That measures the total time (including login) and the ssh overhead.

Selecting cipher=none doesn't work, so you also use encryption, but
even with no encryption you also add checksumming, which can be
more expensive than the encryption.

I suggest you install the iperf3 package (on both sides) and use that
to measure network performance.

Greetings,
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost