Re: 2019-09-28-netbsd9-raspi-earmv6hf.img

From: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)
Subject: Re: 2019-09-28-netbsd9-raspi-earmv6hf.img
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:46:40 -0000 (UTC)

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2019/09/24/msg006162.html

>>> In the meantime I got a bit further.
>>> System boots to multi-user and with the latest aarch64 pmap changes
>>> seems to have gained in stability.
>>> Still no support for Ethernet and USB, but the bwfm driver works.

So I should make
- sync updated firmware for support RPI4
- kernel.img/kernel7.img contains bwfm0 and firmware
- kernel for RPI4  -- waiting for merge or fetch current test kernel

and test
- earmv6hf  image for RPI/RPI2/RPI3
- earmv7hf  image for RPI2/RPI3
- aarch64   image for RPI3/RPI4, packages tested on pinebook

> You need my local patches. Nick Hudson wanted to adjust them before they
> could be committed. There is also a qirk with the SD interface that would
> break other hardware.
> RPI4 is aarch64 only. In theory you could run a 32bit system, but
> it would be limited in memory and couldn't use USB (the PCIe link
> sits in 64bit space). Linux supports the ARM variant of PAE to handle
> an extended address space in 32bit mode, we don't.

many thanx for clarify.
--
Jun Ebihara