Re: 2019-09-28-netbsd9-raspi-earmv6hf.img

jun%soum.co.jp@localhost (Jun Ebihara) writes:

>From: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)
>Subject: Re: 2019-09-28-netbsd9-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)
>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 18:24:31 -0000 (UTC)

>> jun%soum.co.jp@localhost (Jun Ebihara) writes:
>>>- RPI4: not supported
>>>  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2019/07/18/msg005943.html
>> In the meantime I got a bit further.
>> System boots to multi-user and with the latest aarch64 pmap changes
>> seems to have gained in stability.
>> Still no support for Ethernet and USB, but the bwfm driver works.

>Thanx for your comment, I'll try it.

>I should make
>- sync updated firmware for support RPI4
>- try to test it in
> earmv6hf RPI/RPI2
> earmv7hf GENERIC
> aarch64  GENERIC64

>any else?

You need my local patches. Nick Hudson wanted to adjust them before they
could be committed. There is also a qirk with the SD interface that would
break other hardware.

RPI4 is aarch64 only. In theory you could run a 32bit system, but
it would be limited in memory and couldn't use USB (the PCIe link
sits in 64bit space). Linux supports the ARM variant of PAE to handle
an extended address space in 32bit mode, we don't.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost