Re: Any good ARM based hardware for NetBSD fileserver

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 05:22:33PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> >I'm considering this too (since indeed one significant part of heat
> >comes from the disks---due to the size of data served and backup'ed,
> >spinning disks are the only reasonable solution.
> >
> >But I'd like to give ARM a try in order to not have all eggs in the same
> >basket and to see how this works.
>
> It's always good to have some diversity :)
>
> While not ideal for high speed or multiple disks, I've set up a few
> Raspberry Pi file servers and wrote about some shortcomings and how to
> overcome them here:
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/a6ndx0/review_of_suptronics_x830/

Thank you for the link! It's always a great help to have written reviews
and explanations. Even if I will try to avoid USB, I will definitively
read it---I'm playing with the raspberry at the moment, even if, for the
fileserver, I have discarded it; I have other usages for it...

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/