Re: Any good ARM based hardware for NetBSD fileserver

On 14/06/2019 18:32, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 07:08:36PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>> Check the Olimex (olimex.com) A20-based olinuxino boards:
>> https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A20/open-source-hardware
>>
>> I use several lime2 and I'm happy with them.
>> They have gigabit ethernet and native SATA.
>> You can add a LiPo battery, and if you power your SATA drive from the
>> on-board connector (don't forget to order the cable with the board), the LiPo
>> battery will also power the drive.
>>

> Thank you for the reference! The native SATA is a promising part...

Indeed.  I would suggest that if you are committed to using a cheap SBC,
/at the very least/ use one that has native SATA.

This avoids your data for storage going over the USB bus and competing
with other peripherals that are on the USB bus with the same controller.

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9